PITTSBURGH — The agent for Penguins star Sidney Crosby is refuting a Canadian television report that says the former MVP has suffered a setback in his recovery from a pair of concussions.
CTV News reported Monday that Crosby suspended his training after suffering a recurrence of concussion-like symptoms and wouldn’t be ready when the Penguins open training camp next month.
“Sidney hasn’t been shut down by anyone. He has simply adjusted his summer program accordingly to the different needs for the appropriate recovery,” Crosby’s agent Pat Brisson said. “Training camp is in three weeks from now. It is too premature to speculate all kinds of deliberate information at his point. Sidney will address the media at the appropriate time in order to give everyone an update. As far as I know training camp hasn’t started yet.”
Penguins general manager Ray Shero said last week he anticipated Crosby will arrive in Pittsburgh a week before camp begins to be evaluated.
Crosby hasn’t played since suffering two concussions within a week’s time in January.
Information from the Associated Press was used in this report.
+ Add your comment